Both women and men these days use bleaching creams on their face to lighten their facial hair. It is not only an inexpensive but a less painful alternative to waxing. One fact with bleaching is that though it will not drastically change the colour of your skin but it will definitely help to lighten the facial and body hair and hence helps in improving your complexion.
But is bleaching safe?
Whether you remove your facial hair by waxing or use bleach to lighten those hair, both the methods have their own set of pros and cons. Nevertheless, despite knowing that bleaching is not safe, we still go for it as those facial hair does not give our face a neat and clean look. Waxing is painful so most of the people go for easier and less painful alternative which is bleaching.
One point to note is Bleaching is safe if done properly and only once a month.
What is a bleaching cream?
Bleaching kit comes with a cream and an activator powder which is then mixed in specified proportions to lighten the hair. Many bleaching brands are available in the market like VLCC, Fem, OxyGlow etc.
What is the correct way to bleach the face?
1. Purchase a bleach as per your skin type and do a patch test near your elbow before you use the product on face and other parts of your body. Just apply a li’l bit of bleach near your elbow and leave it for half an hour. If your skin doesn’t face any rashes or irritation, then go ahead with it and use it on your face and body else throw it in a bin.
2. Now take two spoons of bleach cream with three pinches of activator powder and mix them well with the help of a spatula.
3. After that, wash your face properly with a foam face wash and pat it dry. Don’t use any cream on your face, however if your bleaching cream comes with a pre bleach cream, then apply that on the face and gently massage your face with it.
4. Now with the help of your fingers, apply bleach cream on your face and neck and evenly cover the entire face.
5. Let it sit on your face for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the bleach cream with the help of a cloth and then wash the face properly with water and pat it dry. You can also use a tissue paper to remove the cream from the face.
7. After that, apply a gentle moisturizer. If a post bleach cream is there with the pack, you can use it.
Some Important Tips:
- Bleaching is completely safe if done once a month.
- Never ever put and mix the bleaching contents in a metal bowl as the metal can react with the chemicals of the bleach. Instead use a glass or plastic bowl.
- Before you start bleaching, read all the instructions mentioned on the product box and follow them. Mix bleach and cream in the proportions as mentioned on the box. Don’t leave the bleach on the skin for longer time than mentioned.
- Never ever bleach your eyebrows, hair in the nostrils, and hair near the eyes as bleaching agents have pungent odors and the fumes which can cause redness and watering in the eyes.
- Best time to bleach your face is during night as your skin will be able to relax and is also prevented from the direct sun contact.
- However, don’t use bleach if you are prone to acne or if you have open wounds.
- If you are bleaching for the first time, then get it done from a salon. This way you will be able to understand the procedure of bleaching properly.
- Don’t wash your face with water for 6-8 hours after bleaching.
- Stay out of direct sunlight for at least 12-15 hours after bleaching your face.
- Use face bleach on your face only and not your body and similarly never use a body bleach on face, it’s meant for your body only.
- People with dark skin color should never leave the bleach cream on face for more than 10 minutes else the facial hair will get too light and hence they will be more prominent against your dark skin color.
What to do if irritation occurs?
- If you feel irritation after bleaching, then apply Aloe Vera Gel on the affected area immediately. You should get instant relief.
- Don’t scratch the affected area and don’t peel either.
- Apply Boroplus/vaseline/Aloe Vera Gel on the affected area as these are great creams and give you instant relief.
- Go to a dermatologist if the irritation continues.
Bleaching is absolutely safe if done once a month and you follow all the instructions mentioned on the box. Bleaching removes all the dead skin cells and makes the skin smooth and glowing.
That’s it for today and hope that you liked this post.
Much Love, Neha