Hair fall and thinning is something which has affected almost every other person irrespective of the gender. Though it’s considered absolutely normal to loose 50 to 100 strands of hair a day but if you start losing more than that, then it’s time for you to take some action. There are many factors which leads to hair fall like genetics, aging, medicines, stress, smoking, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, scalp infections, excessive use of chemically enriched hair products etc. Below is the list of some of the top home remedies which will help you to reduce hair fall.
Home remedies for hair fall are:
1. Oil Massage : The most effective way to reduce hair fall is to massage your scalp with either coconut hair oil, or olive oil or amla oil once a week as this will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, which in turn will condition the scalp and enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. You can also use olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, amla oil. Do this atleast once a week.
2. Aloe Vera : Aloe Vera has certain enzymes that leads to hair growth and its alkaline properties is highly effective in bringing the scalp and hair’s pH balance to a more desirable level, which in turn leads to hair growth. All you have to do is to take an Aloe Vera Leaf and extract the pulp from it. First wash your hair properly and then massage the pulp into your scalp in circular motions. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse your hair with cold water. For best results, do this thrice a week. With regular use, your scalp will be healthier and you will also get relived from scalp itching, redness, inflammation, dandruff.
3. Indian Gooseberry/Amla : To increase hair growth eat Indian gooseberry also known as amla as amla is rich in vitamin C. The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and the exfoliating properties present in Indian gooseberry can help maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth. Just mix a spoon of amla juice with lemon juice and massage your scalp with this. After that, cover your hair with shower cap for one hour and then wash it off using shampoo.
4. Neem: Neem is rich in antibacterial properties which helps in keeping scalp healthy and promotes hair growth. Also, neem removes head lices. Just boil some neem leaves in water for ten minutes and allow this mixture to cool down. After that, rinse your hair with it. Do it once a week. Remember to do this after shampoo your hair.
5. Onion Juice: Onion has antibacterial properties that helps to eliminate the bacteria causing scalp infections. The high sulfur content in onion improves blood circulation to the hair follicles and in turn encourages growth of hair. Grate the onion and extract its juice. Then with the help of a cotton ball apply this juice directly to your scalp and the hair strands. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, after which you can rinse with cold water. After that, shampoo your hair. Apply this to your hair once in a week.
Try these methods of stopping hair fall and and see the difference yourself.
Much Love, Neha