Pores on the face not only make you look aged and unhealthy, but can also lead to other skin care problems like acne and blackheads. You must have noticed that pores are more noticeable on forehead and nose where the sebaceous glands are bigger. Several factors affect pore size such as excessive sun exposure, genetics, age etc. But you can make pores look less obvious by few simple tricks and tips. Below are some great tips to shrink pores.
1. Keep your face clean and that means exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize your face daily: The best way to reduce pores and make them look smaller is to keep them unclogged. This is because when pores get clogged by dirt, they expand and appear larger. So, it’s very important to wash face with a gentle cleanser as per your skin type in the morning and especially before bedtime. This will remove extra dirt and grease from the face. You can use clay masks as they are a quick and gentle way to remove oil from congested pores. Also, exfoliate your face twice or thrice a week. If you are already suffering from large pores, then reduce their size by exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead skin cells.
2. Never Sleep With Makeup On: Wash you face before going to bed. If you sleep with your make-up on, then it will clog the pores and stretches them out over time. If you are too tired to wash your face at night, then at least wipe your face with face wipes.
3. Always be gentle to your skin: Never clean your face aggressively. Remember over cleansing, over exfoliating, and skin picking can cause wrinkles, acne and enlarged pores.
4. Purchase Products Wisely: Purchase products which contains Zinc and magnesium as they help in restoring skin’s oil balance and clear pores and hence make them look smaller. Look for products with soothing ingredients such as rosemary and lavender. Make sure to purchase products that are “noncomedogenic” as that means it won’t clog your pores. Also, look for the presence of salicylic acid and retinol in the product as they helps to maintain the skin’s texture and unclog the pores.
5. Eat Right: Food that’s high in fats and unhealthy oils can inflame and damage your skin which, in turn, can lead to clogged pores.
6. Exfoliate on a regular basis: It’s very important to get rid of dead skin cells that dulls your complexion. So, make it a habit to exfoliate your face on a regular basis.
7. Never skip moisturizer: Use a high-quality, non comedogenic moisturizer twice a day. This is because leaving your skin dry will produce excessive amounts of oil that can clog your pores.
8. Spot Treat: Oil skin has large and more noticeable pores than dry skin.The larger the oil production, the larger the pore. Treat spot on face with the help of clay mask. You can also use blotting papers on your oily areas.
9. Wear Sunscreen: Use sunscreen of at least 30 every day. SPF is an integral part of your skincare routine. Also, wear a hat and avoid being out in the sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you want pores to shrink then the best way is to protect yourself from the sun.
10. Drink lots of water: Drinking lots of water as it helps shrink your pores by plumping up the surrounding skin.
11. Yogurt to tighten pores: Yogurt is a great natural remedy for shrinking skin pores as it contains lactic acid that helps to minimize pores size, tighten skin and remove dead skin cells. It also helps to get rid of excess oil and impurities from the pore openings. All you have to do is to take some fresh yogurt but remember it should not be sweetened and flavored and apply it on your face, hands and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Yogurt contains
Much Love, Neha