Well it’s summer season and the soaring temperature can be taxing on the skin because of the over exposure to the sun resulting in dull, dry and damaged skin. Hence, it is very important to take care of your skin as unhealthy skin looks dull and dry. If your skin is unhealthy and dehydrated, then it will lead to wrinkles, uneven skin tone and the skin will loose its elasticity over time and appear thin. So, it is important to take complete care of your skin. Though, nutrition plays a major part in achieving and maintaining healthy skin, but what you apply on your skin also matters a lot.
I am a big big fan of herbal skincare products and recently I picked up a few products from Roots & herbs.
About Roots & Herbs:
‘Roots & Herbs, commenced in 2014 is an ethical natural wellness brand and is one of the leading manufacturers of therapeutic, beauty care products. All their products are manufactured under strictly quality controlled and hygienic conditions. They use only premium quality 100% vegan herbs and oils in their production process to maintain the overall potency, quality, efficiency and purity of the products. The brand is 100% vegan in its formulation i.e. the products do not contain ingredients such as animal milk, animal milk derivatives, honey, beeswax, lanolin, eggs and non vegan glycerin.
Their products contain some prominent vegan ingredients which are powders and extracts derived purely from the plant sources such as roots, barks, leaves, flowers, fruits, seeds, plant milk or wood, oils such as almond, avocado, castor, jojoba, hazelnut etc, gel from aloe vera and spices as well. All their products are biodegradable, recyclable and do not contain chemicals’
Today I will be reviewing the products that I have received from Roots & Herbs.
I am a Travel and Fashion Blogger and most of my work revolves around shooting during daytime and hence tanning is a major issue for me. When I found this product on Roots and Herbs website, I could not resist myself from ordering this one. I was looking for a chemical free product which is completely vegan and hence this product from Roots & Herbs fitted the bill completely.
Price: Rs 1450 for 100 gms ubtan + 220 ml activator kit
Best for: If you have dull, dry, dehydrated, tanned or Uneven Skin Colour skin, then try this product!
My Take on the product: This product contains Ashwagandha Masque and Activator and both works together to smoothen and tone the facial skin. The skin’s texture will also benefit from the toning effects of Ashwagandha Masque and Activator, giving you a smoother and younger look.
Ashwagandha Skin Illuminating Face Ubtan comes in a tub packaging with a screw on the lid. It is in the form of a yellow powder and has strong herbal smell. Its ingredients are Dhanvi Chaal extract, Ashwagandha extract, Kasturi Manjal extract, Ashopallav Chaal extract, Nir Brahmin extract, Lodhuya extract, Kapoor, Daru harida, Vacha, Gulab phul, Nagkesar extract, Jaiphal extract, Nimbi, cold pressed jojoba oil, cold pressed apricot kernel oil, steamed distilled rose oil, steam distilled germanium E.O. steam distilled lemon oil.
While the Ashwagandha Skin Illuminating Activator comes in a bottle and is in liquid form. It contains Ghrit Kumari, Vertiver extract, Calendula extract, Ashwagandha extract, Steam Distilled Lemon E.O. Steam Distilled Frankinsence E.O.
- This mask which is a blend of essential oils+ 25 to 30 herbs has therapeutic properties.
- It helps in removing tan, exfoliates the skin and thereby improves complexion and in turn, makes skin fairer.
- Both the activator and Ubtan is totally herbal and free from chemicals. Ubtan is made from unique natural moisturizers along with selected herbs which provides extraordinary fairness
- It has anti ageing properties
- Removes patchiness, and uneven skin tone and makes skin toned, youthful and plump
- Hydrates the skin due to which there is a glow on the skin after its use
- It provides instant glow and radiance
Well, the only con is its quite expensive but then all good things are expensive right! And with so many benefits, this product is actually worth it!
Price: Rs 650 for 100 ml
Best for : If you have Oily – combination skin type, then this product is for you!
Active Ingredients: Ghrit Kumari Extract, Cucumber Extract, Cold Pressed Neen Seed Oil, Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Cold Pressed Argan Oil, Steam Distilled Lemongrass E.O, Steam Distilled Tea Tree E.O, Steam Distilled Ylang Ylang E.O
My Take on the product: Packaging is quite good and it comes in a cute bottle with a cap. This is an oil based cleanser and I just took a small amount of it and massage all over the neck & face. You can also use it as a make-up remover. One thing which I liked about this cleanser is it is gentle yet quite effective. It totally removed makeup and dirt from the face and my skin felt so fresh after its use. It’s a great cleanser and you can use it twice or thrice a day.
- Cleanses dirt, toxins, make-up, clear clogged pores
- Provides natural antiseptic & anti-bacterial benefits which prevent acne, pimples & rashes
Price: Rs 850 for 200 ml
Best for : Normal skin.
Active Ingredients: Kashmiri Saffron Extract, Orange Flower Water, Jasmine Flower Water, Lavender Flower Water, Rose Petal Water, Witch Hazel, Steam Distilled Geranium E.O,Steam Distilled YlangYlang E.O.
My Take on the product: This toner comes in a bottle with a cap. It is a non alcoholic toner which tones, brings shine and nourishes the face. After cleansing my face, I took a small amount of toner on a cotton ball, and cleaned my face and neck with it. You can also spray it directly on your face as a hydrating mist. This toner can be used thrice a day. This is a total travel friendly product and I carry it in my bag whenever I am on the move.
- An alcohol free blend of spice & flower liquid extracts which works wonders on the skin.
- Hydrating Kashmiri Kesar Toner incorporates saffron extracts which gives a warm glow & clears the complexion.
- It has rose which has cooling, soothing & moisturising properties while jasmine has a high content of flavonoids that act as anti-oxidants to the body.
- This rich blend helps to hydrate, revive, tone & restore the skin’s PH levels.
Price: Rs 1490 for 50ml
Best for: If you have dry skin, try this out.
Active Ingredients: Kashmiri Saffron Extract, Wintercherry Extract, Mulethi Extract, Rose Petals, Vansh, Yasada Bhasm, Babuna, Satavari, Vertiver Extract, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Cold Pressed Sesa-me Oil, Cold Pressed Carrot Seed Oil, Cold Pressed Evening Primrose Oil, Steam Distilled Rosehip E.O, Steam Dist-illed Jasmine E.O, Steam Distilled Rose E.O, Steam Distilled Geranium E.O.
My Take on the product: After toning my face thoroughly, I apply moisturizer & massage all over the face & neck until it gets completely absorbed into the skin. Please make sure that your skin is dripping wet when you apply this moisturizer as this will help seal in the moisture properly. This is a rich moisturizer that helps your skin to restore its moisture and make it healthy. I really like this moisturizer as it gets absorbed into the skin well and feels very nourishing.
- Fountain of youth Elixir is a potent blend of powerful natural herbs with cold pressed oils & steam distilled essential oils.
- It even hydrates dry and irritated skin
- It helps in eliminating fine lines from the face
- Diminishes the signs of ageing
- Increases the production of collagen, improves elasticity,
- Improves complexion as well as tones & firm the skin.
Active Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Saffron Extract, Gokhru Seed Extract, Bala Root Extract, Neem Extract, Vansh Jasmine Extract, Vit B5, Vit E, Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Cold Pressed Shea Oil, Steam Distilled Sandalwood E.O, Steam Distilled Tea Tree E.O, Steam Distilled Lavender E.O.
My Take on the product: I use this everyday and feels so refreshed after having a bath.
- It has herbs like Gokhre & Bala which prevents the effects of pre radicals on the skin
- Neem & Aloe Vera present in this shower gel has anti-inflammatory & anti-oxidant properties
- While the Saffron present in it has a skin brightening effect and Sandalwood extracts helps in having a calming & cooling effect on the skin.
Price- Rs. 950
Best for : People with Dry / Rough hair
Active Ingredients: Indian Gooseberry Extract, Palash Leaves, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Henna Leaves Extract, Manjistha Ghrit Kumari Extract, Nagarmotha Chitrak, Black Cummi, Shikakai Extract, Kachoor Sugandhi, Steam Distilled Rosemary E.O., Steam Distilled Juniper berry E.O., Steam Distilled Frankincense E.O., Steam Distilled Cypress E.O., Steam Distilled Thyme E.O.
My Take on the product: Just take some shampoo and massage onto damp hair scalp for a few minutes & rinse well.
- This natural Cleanser is a potent blend of powerful herbs, cold pressed oils & steam distilled essential oils.
- Blended with natural & mild cleanser derived from the plant kingdom like Jaba Pushp, Triphala & Shikakai to care for your scalp. This shampoo is designed to make the scalp and hair clean and soft without stripping it from its natural oils.
Price: Rs 450 for 50 ml
Suitable for: Those who have dry and rough hair.
Active Ingredients: Jobapusp extract, Brahmi extract, Reetha extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Neem Extract, Methi Extract, Vit V5, Vit E, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Cold Pressed, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Steamed Distilled Rosemary E.O & Steam Distilled Pacholi E.O, Steam Distilled Cypress E.O.
My Take on the product: After cleaning my hair thoroughly with shampoo, I used a little amount of this conditioner along the length of the hair & leave for a few minutes and then rinse well till water runs clear. I must say it does a great job of smoothing and nourishing the hair without weighing it down. My hair felt silky and smooth after its use. I would definitely recommend you all with dry hair to try this shampoo and conditioner with occasional use of the mask. Another thing which I like about this is its silicon free.
- This is a natural and mild hair conditioner and is a blend of powerful herbs, cold pressed oils & steam distilled essential oils.
- Its a silicon free conditioner
- Deep conditions the hair from within making it frizz free & shining.
Do I recommend Roots & Herbs?
Yes, of course I highly recommend Roots and Herbs! I have a bent towards herbal product and I am happy with all the products I have received. I have used the products and is quite happy with the results. I know its too early to say that, but I feel so refreshed and relaxed after using them. The only con which I am able to find is that the products are a bit expensive. Though they are expensive, but I would definitely recommend you to try Roots & Herbs products at least once as it is an all natural brand which is well known to produce chemical free, cruelty free, parabens free and SLS free products. I am sure you are eventually going to fall in love with these premium products from Roots and Herbs!
So, what do you think of these products? Share your comments below.
Much Love, Neha